WORLD OF WARSHIPS is a free-to-play naval warfare-themed multiplayer online game produced and published by Wargaming following the earlier games World of Tanks and World of Warplanes.
World of Warships is a tactical, slow-paced shooter with two basic types of armament: ship guns and torpedoes. The game itself is team-based, so it gives to players an ability to work as a team. Within a team divisions can be established to allow a group of up to three players to join and fight battles together. The player’s team can fight against other players (PvP) or against the AI (PvE).
Players progress through the game through research of each ship from each tier. Each specific ship has a number of modules that can be accessed through experience. This experience is used to unlock modules and, once a ship’s modules are completely researched, the player can continue to the next ship. The previous ship, if fully upgraded, gains Elite status. Warship elements such as commanders with skill trees and unique perks can be further customized, as well as modification kits and mounting consumables like signals and ship camouflage.
The game features combat missions, challenges, campaigns and collections for the sake of creating extra goals, rewards and a meaningful progression for players during their time with the game. These systems also give an opportunity of creating a storytelling inside or outside of the military or historical genres. Some special Halloween, April Fools, or other holiday battle modes appear periodically in the game.
Battles take place on a limited number of maps, each depicting a certain location with different geographical layouts mostly based on locations of historical naval battles. Most part of maps in World of Warships have a static or dynamic weather system to make battles even more diverse. Moreover, some maps are unique for a certain game mode, e.g. PvE scenario battles based on historical events such as the Dunkirk evacuation.
In addition to Ranked Battles, Clan Battles were introduced as another competitive mode that is played in the season format. Players can only participate in Clan Battles as a team, as opposed to Ranked battles where individual players compete against each other.
ModStation is the official modification installer for World of Warships. Game modifications (mods) are special additional components to a game client to allow personal customisation of the game interface, changing game settings, the appearance of interface elements, sounds, or adding new features into a game.
The official ModStation is recommended as other external modifications may pose the risk of introducing computer viruses, however “Aslain Mod Packs” can also be trusted; however be aware that the site is occasionally cloned in phishing sites operated by hackers and with small variations in the actual domain name (https://aslain.com).
RECOMMENDED MODSTATION MODS
- Zeiss and FOV – Zeiss Zoom x15 (Increased zooming in on targets)
- Adjustable Panels (Improved and adjustable dynamic display of allies and opponents)
MODS TO THE COMBAT INTERFACE
- Assistant (Additional info on ships)
- Running Lights (Ship moving forward, back or stationary)
- Advanced HP Indicator (Allow HP indicator adjustments)
- Advanced Chat – BADoBEST (Adds ship identification to in-game chat)
- Smoke Timer – BADoBEST (Smoke timer can be repositioned)
- Advanced Battle Loading Screen (Adds a map of the battleground)
- Navigator – Big (Shows relative angle of targeted ships)
- Informative Markers – Nick with percent HP (Additional info on ship markers)
- Extended MiniCarousel (Additional info and filters on ships in harbour)
- Learned Crew Skills in Frames (Improved indication of ship commander skills)
- Bright Awards and Commanders – Achievements (Improved awards indication)
- Replays – Enable (Record all games on disk drive)
- Modified Loading Screen – Battleships (Custom game loading screens)
|How it Works: Credits and XP Modifiers
||How it works: Expenses
||How it Works. Economic: XP and Credits
|How it Works: Flooding
||How it Works: AA Guns and Fighters
||How It Works: New Carriers Gameplay
|How It Works: Torpedoes
||How it Works: Ballistics
||How it Works: Firing and Dispersion
|How it Works: Spotting System. Part 1
||How it Works: Spotting System. Part 2
||How it Works: Spotting System. Part 3
|Naval Legends: Iowa vs Yamato and Tirpitz
||Naval Legends: North Carolina
||Naval Legends: Maillé-Brézé Highlight
|Naval Legends. Submarine K-21
||Naval Legends: U.S.S. Cod. Part 1
||Naval Legends: U.S.S. Cod. Part 2
|Naval Legends: Yamato
||Operation Ten-Go: Yamato’s Final Mission
||Naval Legends: HMAS Castlemaine
|Naval Legends: Sovetsky Soyuz
||Hood vs Bismark
||Midget Submarines of WW2 – Deadly